Currently there are twelve NBA players who are from Australia and played in eight teams including Andrew Bogut who just recently signed with the defending champion Golden State Warriors.
- Kyrie Irving, point guard from Boston Celtics. Statistics 23.5 points,4.9 rebounds, 6.9 assists 49.8% from the field and shooting 42.2% from three. A one time champion with the Cavaliers in 2016, hitting a go ahead 3 point shot in last minute of Game 7 over Stephen Curry. Drafted first pick overall in 2011 by Cleveland and traded to Boston 2 years ago.
- Ben Simmons, point guard from Philadelphia Sixers. Statistics 17 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 7.9 apg. An All Star on his second season, Sixers had a higher ceiling if he develop his jump shot. First pick overall in 2016 and a great tandem with Joel Embiid.
- Joe Ingles, forward from Utah Jazz. Statistics 11.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.3 apg. he outplayed Paul George in playoffs last year to upset the Oklahoma City Thunder in first round.
- Patty Mills, guard from San Antonio Spurs. Statistics 10 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3 apg. His contribution for the Spurs is very important. A leader to his team, a vital part of 2014 NBA Finals with the Spurs. He is on fire on Game 5 to close out the series.
- Dante Exum, guard from Utah Jazz. Statistics 7.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 2.7 apg. He was drafted by the Jazz with a lot of potentials, but injury limits his skills to perform into the next level.
Other seven players who left had a vital role on there respective teams. Andrew Bogut manned they paint on 2015 NBA Finals with the Warriors, Aron Baynes played some quality minutes with the Spurs in 2014 and currently off the bench next to Al Horford with the Celtics.
Matther Dellavedova a spark in 2016 Finals and got a ring with Cavaliers. Thon Maker traded to Pistons and finding quality role on his new team.